"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
-Samuel Adams

the Misanthropic Humanist:

constantinemagildahyde2@yahoo.com

20 January 2009

The Block

It's been a while since I've posted here. At first it was because I'd hit my personal political saturation level. I had no more capacity to give a damn as the unimaginable happened. I know, It's not like I'm a particularly prolific poster. It wasn't the writing that I was swamped by, it was watching stupidity march forward in spite of readily available facts. I've since gone from that kind of frustration as the election happened, to now having the opposite of writer's block: There are so many things that I want to write about that I'm continuously unable to decide where to start. I also don't want to be repetitive, because so many of the connections and causal relationships in society and life in general seem so clear and direct that I can't imagine everybody doesn't know them. Which I guess is stupid of me, because the very proof of that fact is what frustrated me in the first place. Anyway here it comes, in no particular order!

No comments:

Post a Comment